Saturday, July 25, 2009

Rock me, Amadeus

The International Mozarteum Foundation has discovered two previously unknown piano pieces by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. On August 2, this organization will reveal more details about the pieces, and someone will perform them on Mozart's original fortepiano.

Y'all know who Mozart is, so I don't I have to explain why this is cool. Instead, I'll share the reaction I had after getting "Wow, cool" out of the way.

I had come across this news via a Google alert, which directed me to blogger David Duff's post about it. When I did a search for more details, I only found a couple of actual newspaper articles on the subject. (In English, anyway.)

Isn't Mozart kind of a big deal? I know there's a lot of stuff going on in the world right now, but come on. Two articles?

1 comment:

Jannie Funster said...

"Wow, cool" was on the top of my mind too when you mentioned that.

Let the world fight out its battles, the world will wait -- but Mozart, Mozart is worth stopping for.