Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Vote WPI!

The American Express Members Project is donating a total of $1 million to five charities. If you'd like to nominate the Whittemore Peterson Institute as one of the recipients, go here:

www.takepart.com/membersproject

Voting is open to everyone!

My fingers are crossed. The Whittemore Peterson Institute is the best hope I've seen so far for people with neglected neuroimmune diseases like ME/CFS, fibromyalgia, and Gulf War syndrome. They need all the funding they can get.

4 comments:

DeppityBob said...

I nominated them. How many nominations have to be made for it to become one of their charities? Any idea?

MOS said...

I nominated them, too. But, let's face it: They don't have the slightest chance of being one of the top 5 vote-getter.

Anonymous said...

I am afraid I am bitter towards Dr. Peterson's clinic in Nevada. Over FIVE YEARS ago I submitted my paperwork to be seen as a patient there. I was told the wait would be 6 mos. to a year. One year later I would begin a very depressing two-year-long query journey inquiring when I could expect to be accepted as a new patient. I left messages, I wrote snail-mail letters, and even my doctor here wrote a letter on my behalf. ALL WERE IGNORED. I have been left out in the cold by Dr. Peterson and his clinic. Sad story, right? Judy

cinderkeys said...

Sorry you had such a bad experience. If it matters to you, Dr. Peterson isn't personally involved with WPI anymore. In any case, I still think WPI is largely responsible for pushing the science and interest forward. They're making it more likely that more physicians will treat the disease.