Friday, July 15, 2011

Grocery story serenader, part 2

Give a little bit
Give a little bit of your love to me
Making my way through Sunflower's frozen meat selections, I sing along with Supertramp. Softly, on and off. Just because I like singing in grocery stores doesn't mean anyone else wants to hear me.
There's so much that we need to share
So send a smile and show you care
The song isn't in my range. Even the people who've paid to hear me sing wouldn't listen now.
Now's the time that we need to share
So find yourself, we're on our way back home
I notice him in the produce section while scoping out cabbage and celery. He's a few feet away, shopping with his wife, also singing along. Quietly, surreptitiously.
See the man with the lonely eyes
Oh, take his hand, you'll be surprised
I sing a couple of lines to the guy, loudly this time, looking right at him. He smiles. Says something about it being a good song.

Another brief connection, made possible by music.

2 comments:

DeppityBob said...

I love connections like that. Today in line for prescriptions, a woman a little older than me told me she loved my tie-dye shirt. I laughed and told her I have about 20 of them, and I make my own. She ended up with my name and phone number and wants me to make some for her, too. Sometimes the karma circles around pretty quickly. :)

Roaming with Rhonda said...

Nice bblog