Monday, June 25, 2012

Averted

We were nearing the end of our set at an indoor art festival when I felt it. Something in my throat. If I sang the next notes as I always did, the resulting sound would be a hacky train wreck. Even the people who weren't listening would notice.

I routed around whatever was in my throat. The hack-inducing thing went away. The mother of all clams was averted.

Everything before and after that moment went well too. We got a lot more positive attention than I would have expected, given that we were only there to enhance the ambience. Still, the thing I'm most proud of is the thing that didn't happen. Funny how that works.

3 comments:

DeppityBob said...

Excellent. Both the rerouting and the blog. "Can you reroute the aft inertial dampers around the hacky thing in the throat?" "Aye, captain!"

Brian McDonald said...

I'm imagining a phlegmy version of Neo dodging the bullet in "The Matrix".

cinderkeys said...

It felt nearly that heroic at the time. ;)